COVID-19 test kits and vaccinations are in high demand across California and have been for some time. Now that residents 16 and older are eligible for vaccinations, demand has reached urgent levels.
For labs in Northern California, the challenge is meeting that demand in existing cold and frozen storage facilities. It’s all about finding ways to save space and cost, while providing a safe space for your employees and delicate COVID-19 test kits and vaccines.
Spacesaver can help your lab efficiently and safely meet that demand with systems that increase capacity in new or existing walk-in coolers, freezers and cold storage warehouses. Our systems are strategically designed to meet highly regulated health care settings and pharmaceutical manufacturing environments, making them your cold-storage solution during COVID-19 and in the future.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your existing space with Spacesaver’s storage solutions:
Space Saving Tips
- Design an efficient system: One of the biggest challenges in your facility is finding room for more storage. Spacesaver’s storage systems can help improve efficiency in several ways. Their revolutionary ActivRAC® Mobilized Storage System mounts shelving or racking on carriages that slide along rails in the floor. It eliminates the wasted space common with traditional shelving or racking, freeing up your lab’s aisles for more storage. The system’s carriages have a load capacity of 3,000 to 30,000 lbs. and are fitted with a host of safety and security features.
- Train and prepare staff: An organized facility is half the battle. Ensure your staff are trained on processes and product placement. Spacesaver’s storage systems are specifically designed with staff in mind. They simplify inventory control and make it easier for your staff to quickly store, locate, and retrieve samples. A tidy, organized cold room helps boost staff morale by reducing stress and enabling them to focus on what matters most: serving patients.
- Save energy and cut costs: Maximize storage and density by eliminating any wasted space in your facility. When thinking of your freezer storage, eliminating any wasted space will also save energy. A fuller freezer means more efficiency. Web Industries found that by using an ActivRAC system it could store the same amount of material in a freezer half the size.
- Lead with Safe Solutions: When thinking of your cold or frozen-storage facility safety takes on two meanings: the safety of your staff and the safety of the items your facility will hold. With Spacesaver’s solutions, safety is top of mind. An organized facility means staff can quickly and easily locate precious test kits, without tripping over clutter in your facility’s small aisles. The ActivRAC® Mobilized Storage System also ensure safety of product, with an advanced electronic control system that performs reliably in temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit, it can maintain integrity of COVID-19 test kits and vaccinations that require maximum cold and frozen storage for safe, effective administration.
- Start Now: Don’t wait. Now is the perfect time to organize your facility. COVID-19 has carried a sense of urgency that isn’t going away anytime soon. Spacesaver storage systems will work in your existing space. Just ask the Los Angeles-area diagnostic laboratory who saw a six-fold increase in its COVID testing capacity, from 7,500 tests daily to a whopping 50,000 per day.
Spacesaver has helped manufacturing firms mount chest freezers on a single level, helped composite manufacturing facilities cut costs, and helped pathology labs reduce retrieval times and get patients’ test results faster. We’ve pioneered and patented a number of innovative safety features during our 50 years of continuous product design and manufacturing. We have been trusted by hospitals, warehouses and pharmaceutical manufacturers for decades.
Let Spacesaver help you get the most out of your Northern California cold storage in a time when your facility needs it most. Contact a Spacesaver consultant today.